It is important to understand Junker Queen’s abilities and the best ways to use them to survive on the battlefield. Master that and she can become one of the most dangerous characters in Overwatch 2.
Overwatch 2 brings a lot of new changes to the hero role as teams no longer use a tank duo, but rather a solo hero. That’s the role Junker Queen finds herself in and thrives in. If you want to be the center of attention, don’t choose anyone else but her. She is not likely to share the spotlight.
It’s important to keep in mind that locking the Junker Queen on the hero select screen means you agree to adopt a certain mentality. She’s capable of doing a lot of damage, but she can also easily kill you. In spite of her fearless attitude, Junker Queen still takes a lot of discipline to stay alive. Playing her is like living on the edge between life and death, which makes sense since knives are her favorite object. The only thing she can protect is herself, so being focused on you and using powerful ‘wound’ effects will keep you top-of-mind in the center of damage is what keeps her from being a typical Overwatch 2 tank.
In Overwatch 2, here’s everything you need to know about playing Junker Queen so you can become a tornado of chaos instead of a breeze.
General Junker Queen Strategy
If you are the type of player who feels at their best during a fight, Junker Queen could be the best option for you. She is an aggressive, close ranged tank who thrives on destroying opponents.
The best use of her is putting yourself in danger, making her a bit of a tightrope act. She has excellent sustain, as her bleed effects will make her gain life even when you’re fighting.
She is lacking quite a bit when it comes to damage mitigation. She doesn’t have a consistently effective way of protecting her team, which means she is a tank that lives and dies by the phrase ‘offense is the best defense’. The best way to ensure kills is to keep enemy eyes off of you and secure them fairly quickly.
Junker Queen Abilities
Junker Queen passive, Adrenaline Rush
Description: Heal from wound damage dealt over a short period.
During a fight, Junker Queen’s passive ability Adrenaline Rush is a great way to ensure she survives, as it debuffs both her melee ability Jagged Edge and her ultimate Rampage.
- The Junker Queen’s passive gives her a great deal of sustain on the battlefield, which lets her stay in the fight for an extended period of time.
- Despite this, it’s only so powerful. This only increases your survivability a little bit during a fight. It doesn’t replace healing, and it won’t allow you to take extreme damage. Don’t rely on it exclusively.
Junker Queen Scattergun, Primary
As Junker Queen’s primary weapon, the Scattergun can deal substantial damage if used correctly. It fires a blast of pellets, which can deal varying amounts of damage based on how many hit. Therefore, if you want to maximize your chances, you should be close to your enemy.
- Scatterguns are very dangerous up close, but their pellet spread makes them ineffective at dealing with ranged damage.
- The best way to close the distance between yourself and your enemies is to use your abilities. If they refuse to come to you, use your Jagged Blade to make them, or use your commanding shout by the Scattergun’s range.
Junker Queen Ability, Jagged Blade
If heroes are trying to run away from you or squishier targets refuse to get closer to you, you can use this ability to bring them to you. Additionally, the Adrenaline Rush passive will allow you to remain in the fray of the battle for longer by dealing more damage and ensuring a little more health.
- In spite of the temptation to pull someone from the enemy’s backline, always go for easier targets. Jagged Blade is exceptionally hard to hit from longer ranges, so always focus on the closer targets.
- By using this ability, you can primarily draw enemies towards you and then use your scattered shotgun or carnage shotgun, or any combination of the two, to kill them.
- When pulling something towards yourself, be careful if you suspect the enemy has Ultimate powers. Bringing a Reinhardt to you can be okay… until the Earth Shatters you.